After being declared WANTED by the Nigerian Police, Talented Nigerian dancehall star, Damini Ogulu who is popularly known as ‘Burna Boy’ submitted himself on Friday 15th December to the Lagos State Police Command, to state his side of the story with regards to allegations made over his involvement in a robbery attack on a fellow artiste; Mr. 2kay.
After Burnaboy submitted himself for interrogation, it is reported that he was then arrested, interrogated and detained and will be charged to court on Monday 18th December, alongside the other 4 members of the gang that were arrested earlier, who confessed that Burnaboy and his manager hired them to rob Mr 2Kay in his hotel room at Eko Hotel, after Buckwyld and Breathless event last month.
Speaking on the crime after the interrogation with Burnaboy, Mr. Imohimi Edgal, the Commissioner of Police after the interrogation, said the State Police Command will not tolerate any forms of crime and would not hesitate to prosecute anyone whether a celebrity or not, if they are found guilty of any criminal offence perpetrated in Lagos State.
Mr Imohimi Edgal said:
“There would be no sacred cows. This Command is poised to ensure that every resident can feel safe wherever they are and carry out their businesses without fear or favour. Anyone, therefore, found to be involved in this case would be made to face the law to clear his or her name or face prosecution”.
It is reported that there was bad blood between Burnaboy and Mr 2kay, which led to Burnaboy and his manager Joel Kantiock to organize touts to go rob and beat Mr 2kay in his room at Eko Hotel.
As the truth unfolds, we will get to know the full story, as well as what the court will say.